Incisive Media are committed to the journey in becoming more sustainable. By using the guidelines set out by the Sustainable Event Alliance, we aim to meet the International Standard ISO 20121. The goal is to reduce paper consumption across events and improve recycling rates, curb food waste and alter menus with an aim to include locally sourced, organic produce. We have also committed to deliver carbon offsetting at events wherever possible and provide delegates with accessible venues.
We will be closely evaluating each event and considering how we can improve in the following areas; energy, transport, water usage, recycling, economic and local environment/community.
Incisive Media have partnered with Ecosphere+ to ensure all our remaining greenhouse gas emissions are offset. Working with Ecosphere+, we calculate the emissions from all our events, including those from event operations, venues and delegates. We then purchase the equivalent number of carbon offset credits to counter-act our activities. These credits are supporting the protection of vital rainforest in Peru, by funding conservation work and creating sustainable sources of income for locals to minimise incentives for deforestation.
For further information about the project please visit ecosphere.plus/cordillera-azul-2
Women In Law Awards 2020
- The venue recycle multiple waste types; cardboard & paper, food & organic waste, glass and batteries.
- 0% of waste is sent to landfill.
- IMC food waste unit in place removes water and makes food waste dry, as a result waste pick ups are 3/4 less.
- Full LED lighting is used throughout the hotel.
- The venue has recorded a 30% reduction in carbon emissions and 20% reduction in water use since 2008.
- Proud recipient of ISO 9001 - Quality Management Certification, ISO 14001 - Environmental Management Certification and ISO 50001 - Energy Management Certification
- All tea and coffee served is fair trade and used coffee beans are recycled.
- No single use plastics will be in use at the event.
- Food is made to order but any food waste left will be recycled and taken for compost.